1. How much will my car insurance cost with an SR22?
- The SR22 will cost you a filing fee, of about $25-$50.
- The reason for SR22 could impact you car insurance premium.
- If an SR22 is needed for driving with no car insurance, it will not affect
your insurance rates, as much as a DUI.
- Your state DMV could charge a reinstatement fee in addition to the SR22
2. Can I get an SR22 if I do not own a car?
- Yes, you will need to purchase a non-owners liability insurance policy
with an SR22. We offer low rates on non-owners car insurance.
- An owners policy is usually a little cheaper than a now owners policy.
3. What is SR22 insurance?
- An SR22 is not an insurance policy, it is a form to be filed by an insurance
company with the state DMV to provide proof of current liability car insurance.
4. What is an SR26?
- If you have an SR22 on your car insurance policy and your policy cancels,
the insurance company sends the DMV a form called an SR26, letting them know
your policy has lapsed.
5. How long do I need to file an SR22?
- Usually, between 1 to 3 years. Depending on why you need an SR22.
- If you do not own a vehicle and need an SR22 to get you license reinstated,
you will be required to purchase a non owners insurance policy with an SR22.
6. What if my policy cancels?
- The company is required to send the state DMV notice that your
- If the SR22 is still required to keep your license from being suspended,
the state will suspended your license.
7. How much will my car insurance cost with an SR22?
- Your insurance is based on several factors, some of which are age, years
licensed and driving record to mention a few.
- The SR22 will only cost you the filing fee, usually about $25-$50.
- The reason you need an SR22 could impact you car insurance premium.
- For example, if you need an SR22 for driving with no insurance, it will
not affect your insurance rates as much as someone who needs an SR22 filing
for a DUI.
- Best thing to do is start getting quotes and compare several companies.
- You can start by seeing what we can offer you.
8. What is a non owners SR22 policy?
- It is a liability only car insurance policy for persons who are required
to carry an SR22.