What if my sr22 insurance policy cancels?

If you have an sr22 filing and your coverage cancels or expires, the company is required to send the state department of motor vehicles a notice that your policy canceled.

This form is called an sr-26.

You driver license will be suspended again if they do not receive a reinstatement notice.

If your policy cancels, reinstate the policy and notify the DMV to find out if you need to pay any additional fees.

Or if you need to do anything else.

Once an sr-26 is sent, you may or may not have to start the whole process over again.

Once you file an sr22, it is advisable to have no lapse in coverage until your filing requirement period has ended.

Usually it will be required for 1 or two years.

For more information contact a state licensed agent or your state department of motor vehicles.